WIND AND FIRE CONFERENCE (DAY 2)
TOPIC: Evangelism by fire
SPEAKER: Dr Steve Ogan
BIBLE TEXT: Joel 2:28-29
Evangelism is the act of preaching the good news (the gospel) for the salvation of souls. Evangelism is an aspect of spiritual warfare assigned to those who understand the power, glory, and grace of the finished work. On the other hand, evangelism by fire is the outpour of the gospel that is enabled by God’s spirit.
Evangelism by fire should be done in the following ways:
- By the leading of the spirit: Evangelism cannot be done casually or with human efforts (Zachariah 4:6).
- With a dissatisfaction that drives our hearts and is inspired by the holy spirit.
- By proclaiming the word to people (Joel 3:9-10)
- With a vision to acquire more souls, this vision is inspired by the ministry of Jesus (Luke 12:49-50; Acts 10:38; Mark 8:36-37).
7 THINGS INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW WHEN EVANGELISING
- Proclaim war against unbelief and darkness.
- Prepare for the war you proclaim by ridding yourself of sin, and memorising the word of God.
- Wake yourself up to the realisation of your might in Christ
- Draw near unto God
- Come up unto God (Joel 3:9)
- Turn your economic advancement tool into a weapon of war-Perform evangelism by fire at your place of work (Joel 3:10).
- Your body is a temple of fire. Therefore, let the weak say I am strong (Joel 3:10).
“When you are giving God one soul, you are giving God something more than the wealth of the whole world.”
“Give God men, He will give you fish.”
“The vision enflames you with passion, and gives you the ability to manifest fire.”
“The upper room with the place of prayer is the place of fire.”
“When there is no fire, there is doctrine without truth, prayer without purity, prayer without fire.”